Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A good day

Today was a good day....

It started out with a conversation online with the folks.. so good to instant message with them... I miss you guys.. mom stop crying.. dad get those brownies ready! I miss food that is not rice :-)

next avery cute girl Toy asked me to do her buttons for her... that is the sweetest game of sherades to play with a child firsst thing in the morning! Im getting a little better at figuring out what the little ones are murmering in Thai.. Well anyways after children are clothed and fed we pile everyone in the truck and run kids to various schools like usual. Then we visited several of Rogers friends before decideing to paint the front room. This is what made my day so great.

An answered prayer that I might feel more productive. I struggle a great deal to see the impact of relational work, I knwo it is important, but I also know that I only get to be present in this relationship for 3 more weeks. The tangible evidence of a hard days work is good. It makes me feel as if the work I am doing here matters. Even though its just a good coat of paint and some cleaning it makes me feel as though Ive done something to better their lives beyond a smile today and tears on the day I leave.
BEFORE:

Tomorrow will begin another project to meet my selfish needs of tangible evidence. Tomorrow I begin shoveling a one thousand pound pile of sand to lay foundation to a patio and then lay bricks... This will probably last the duration of my trip but I am determined to complete t before i leave.. and I will.

It is great that I can have these tangible projects that meet physiological needs while also being able to tend to the kids and just love on them. The kids are in school right now so from the time we drop them off around 8am until about 3pm i can work and sweat to meet their needs and mine and from the time they come home until they go to sleep I can play, facilitate homework and dinner and play some more

well thats itfor tonight my brain is fried from painting and moving furniture all day. I appologize for the ramble

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What energy you must be bringing to TOLO. By the time you leave there will be a patio, painted rooms, clean yards and a video or two. I know how much you need to be able to see the results of your efforts, but don't overdo!! Hopefully the little ones will demand your attention after 3:00 so that your time shoveling sand and laying bricks can be limited. Post more pictures!!!!

We love you

Mom and Dad