Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mathew 13:31-32
[Jesus] told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches."

Jesus said that he can take even a small amount of faith and make big things happen. I know… its true in my life, sitting typing this in Thailand is evidence to that. He takes our faith, like a small seed, and makes it grow. I think that is going to happen here in Thailand, here at this orphanage. The orphanage may seem small, and the Christian population here certainly is, just like a mustard seed. But remember with just a mustard seed God makes big things happen, and they will happen here, big things for his kingdom

Mathew 17:20
"… if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
I have faith, I do believe, I struggle sometimes, a lot of times, its hard to recognize God. Especially when looking at the hurt in a small child’s eyes, or when looking at the crippled beggar asleep on the sidewalk outside 7/11. But God is there, and God is near. I have faith. It may be small… really small at times, but God…
I have faith and I’m ready to move mountains!

No comments: