Thursday, July 17, 2008

nap time = time to read and write

The great commission:
All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Sand and of the Holy Spirit , and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very and of the age. (Mathew 28:18-20)

Staple verse for any mission trip... heard it a hundred times over... focused on it for sure last summer in Gulfport, Mississippi.

but focused on ... go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Sand and of the Holy Spirit , and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you...

so here's what i noticed today....

I'm going to the nations.. check that one off.... but more importantly All Authority is in heaven and He is with me always, to the very end of the ages.. in Thailand and in the U.S. He is with me


the focus has moved... It has moved form the middle of the passage at either end...

All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. (Mathew 28:18-20)

And the focused has moved about 18 inches...

from head to heart

2 comments:

ophelia said...

Jess! Hi friend!! it is so great to read your blog and catch up on your trip. you have been on my mind and in my prayers! me and holly will stock up on the Uncle Ben's for ya, so you don't go thru withdrawal! :)

love ya! jennifer.

ophelia said...

you are loved and missed!!!